- COMPANY NEWS -
- 27th March: DEVELOPMENT OF 'FRAGILE DESCENT' ON IT'S WAY-
theMiddletonCorpus have been spending time, with the help of producer Karl Wallis, building their relationships with organisations in Leeds and the North, preparing for an exciting Autumn/Winter of creativity, including the launch of the companies first TRIPLE BILL performance in our based of Leeds.
- 20th March: NEW CREATION THROUGH NORTHERN SCHOOL OF CONTEMPORARY DANCE (LEEDS)
theMiddletonCorpus are very excited to be involved in a new programming project through 'Northern School of Contemporary Dance', creating new work alongside other northern-based, national and international artists. More information to come soon!!!
- 6th March: PERFORMANCE OF 'PROTOTYPE'
theMiddletonCorpus perform 'Prototype' at Yorkshire Dance, part of 'Friday Firsts: Where its at...' Featuring newly commissioned score by, highly acclaimed composer, Jered Sorkin (creator of music for Oscar Nominated film 'Boogaloo & Graham').
- 7th February: theMiddletonCorpus will be presenting 'Prototype' at the SKETCH workshop day, part of Yorkshire Dance's artist development program, at Northern School of Contemporary Dance.
above image of 'Prototype' by Ludovic Des Cognets
- OTHER NEWS -
- MEETINGS WITH COLLABORATORS FOR NEW WORK:
Artistic Director, Anthony, has been meeting up with exciting collaborators, including Award Winning composer Jered Sorkin and Yorkshire-based landscape architect/ visual artist Trudi Enwhistle, discussing plans for new exciting multidisciplinary work! More info to come soon!
- LAUNCHING TEACHING AT PRO-DANCE LEEDS:
Artistic Director 'Anthony Middleton' to teach the first week of classes at Leeds 'ProDance' Professional Classes Pilot: Anthony will be teaching class, 26th 27th and 28th January, as part of the new initiative for professional dance classes in Leeds, established by 'Gracefool Collective'. Details to be found at: www.prodanceleeds.com
- ANTHONY RETURNS FROM SOFIA:
Now back in Leeds, Anthony returns from his campaign in the 'IX Choreographic Competition' in Sofia, Bulgaria.
"The whole experience was truly inspirational and to work with classical dancers was such a fantastic opportunity to learn and develop my craft. It was a shame not to win first prize, but the contacts I have developed, and how this experience has informed my creative practice, is way beyond any prize. "